Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Say cheese.

I've uploaded the pictures on my digital camera of my dorm room, campus and Paderno in a Yahoo photo album. You may have to register with Yahoo to get an ID in order to view them. If you know of a better free service to post pictures, let me know. You can check them out by copying and pasting this link into your browser:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jachawk3/album?.dir=/
4fbe&.src=ph&.tok=phxPldCBHnQ.jRgq g

(the link was super long so i had to break it into two lines and you may have to copy it in sections. if you're having a lot of problems, email me and i can forward you access to the photo album)

Lunch today was LASAGNA! It was probably the best cafeteria food they've served yet and I left the meal full (a feeling I haven't experience too often in Italy). They brought back the yogurt today, and we were all really excited. The "pudding" here (vanilla, chocolate and caramel) is a mix between jello and pudding, so the weird consistency, along with the slightly different flavor combine to make an avoidable dessert.

I reserved a block of time for the female washer and dryer today (There is one set for boys and one for girls and you must always reserve a block of time. These are the rules and we will follow them). Thankfully, the washers are just like the ones at TriDelt, so I knew how to use them (even though they're not that great, at least I didn't end up with suds or pink clothes and the instructions were in English). The dryers suck, so you can't wash large loads, but I'm quite excited to have at least one pair of clean jeans again.

The weather has been beautiful today. Still a bit chilly, but at least my toes aren't frozen. After the Italian kids get out of school, they crowd around the tabacchis or smoke on campus. They all smoke!! A partner in one of my groups went to the bathroom during class and said she had to wait so long because the Italian girls were smoking in there between classes. We don't really have much interactions with the Italian kids, and sometimes they'll just stop talking when you walk back, which just enforces that they are totally making fun of you behind your back. Maybe by the end of the semester after I'm armed with Conversation Italian 107 I'll be able to understand what they're saying.


1 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mi sobrina,
The Spanish word for tea is the same as the Italian. Are your 4 years of Spanish helping any? How funny that they segregate the washer and dryer, and that you have to reserve a time. ARe they only for you foreigners, or do you share them with the locals?
Isn't the smoking disgusting?
Hasta luego...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home