Thursday, January 27, 2005

Would you care for some horse with that pasta?

I spent 8 hours in a small room, listening to a lecture on Mind Based Management and completing case studies in groups. My god...it was a miserable experience. An hour or two would have been fine. And this was only the first half! I have 8 more hours of this mind expanding, critical thinking, problem solving misery left on Friday. I would rather endure four days of physical pain of the DaVinci Challenge than the mind numbing experience of this higher learning CIMBA program stuff we have the "opportunity" of learning as a result of being at CIU.

During my much needed lunch break, I stopped by the tabacci and purchased units for my cell phone. I now have 20 euros. Who knows how long that will last, but my cell phone can now receive calls :) In order to call me, youre best bet is to get an international calling card (like the ones near the registers at wal mart), dial the 800 number, follow the instructions. The country code for italy is 011, and my phone number is 34 0717 0394

My ethics class met today and the 19 of us are all from KU. It actually sounds interesting and Im looking forward to it.

Dinner today was the best least bad of all the meals yet. It was pasta (of course, but a different shape) with red sauce, chicken cordon bleu (which didnt taste too bad dunked in kethcup), a pear, a roll and my staple of strawberry yogurt. Apparently the meat skewers from lunch that I didnt eat were HORSE.

The highlight of my day, by far, was receiving an email from the office that i had a package waiting for me. Of course I already knew it was the one I packed that my mom sent me, but it was so nice to have a few more tshirts and tops, my body wash and lotion, my blanket and pillow, and a couple books. All i need now is a hair dryer...but apparently I have to take a trip to the mall in another town to get that!

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Anonymous said...

your trip truly sounds like an adventure. kiss a cute european boy for me!

:) kathleen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home