Saturday, January 29, 2005

Thank goodness for malls, hair dryers and the flame-broiled Whopper.

After our academic and travel orientations were over today, my room mate Carolyn and I wondered around town with our cameras. We were gone close to two hours and I think we ended up in the next town, Cresspano. I got some beautiful pictures of the mountains and cute Italian homes. Hopefully, I'll master downloading the pictures from my camera to the computer and uploading them to the internet so I can show you all.

Our school field trip to the mall in Castlefranco was from 530 to 9 pm. It was a magical experience and a much needed retreat into civilization. The school chartered big greyhound like buses for the 30 minute drive. We all made a mad dash into IPER, which is like Wal-Mart. I was on a mission and went immediately to find a hairdryer. It's a Revlon and was on sale for 21 euro. I decided to pass on the straightener, since I'd be out 40 euro for a decent one. I also stocked up on notebooks, sticky notes, Woolite (to wash clothes in my sink between trips to the laundry room since its 6 euro to wash and 6 euro to dry your clothes!)

I may have been a sell out, but I ate Burger King from the food court at the mall. And get this, you only get ONE ketchup packet for your fries. ONE! If you have ever eaten with me, you may realize this is a significant injustice and quite an inadequate supply of tomato paste for my dining needs. I decided to go entirely without rather that tease myself with just one meager packet. i don't think i have ever looked forward to eating burger king so much. i did make sure to leave a little room for gelado. as you said, ms. cox, it was absolutely delicious. i had strawberry (mostly because i couldn't read the other flavors and it looked like it would taste good).

Everywhere you looked at the mall was a little baby. I smiled at them and made faces, but I don't think they are used to that because they just stared back at me. The babies didn't really giggle, they just sat there. I've also received blank stares when I've smiled or waved at people in the street. I supposed I should just start say "Buongiorno!" even if i'm mispronouncing it.

Sunday is the first day we have absofreakinlutely NOTHING planned and I am very thrilled to sleep in, lay around and tour the campus a little more. Not to mention get started on my homework. Yes, I have classes and homework to attend to in between my travel plans :)

I can't wait to take a shower and dry my hair with my new dryer (and it has an anti-frizz nozzle that i'm super excited about!)

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend and keep me updated on how you're doing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home