Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Damage control

After a fair amount of emails, I figured I needed to clarify my previous comments on the description of David. When I said it was large, I was referring to the entire statue as a whole...it is not a small three foot tall man you can miss when you walk by. It is overshadowing in height. And the veins and muscles that are so detailed are on the arms and legs. I think quite a few of you have very dirty minds.

If you had seen the work up close, you would realize it's not the nudity that stands out (because just about every piece we saw had some nakedness, whether man or baby) but that someone so long ago with not much technology was able to craft such a realistic looking man (hence the comment on the veins and muscles appearing real). It is impressive that Michelangelo did such detailed work on such a large scale, not opting for a midget, but a strong man.

But he did have a firm ass. I will own up to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home