Friday, April 29, 2005

Finnissimo...

Thursday was our last day in Paderno. Most of us took 1 pm buses to either the train station or the airport, so after lunch the circle drive filled with huge bags and hugging people. I think I was the first one to start crying, causing other people to either cry themselves or run away because they didn't want to start crying. On the bus, my friend Andrew started playing "I will remember you" which did not help those of us who helped keep Kleenax in business.

Our bus driver, for whatever reason, stopped multiple times and got off the bus. Yes. In the middle of the highway he pulled over. And at the airport when we were almost there, he just got out. Maybe he was asking for directions. I don't really know. We all made a mad dash to the checked luggage area. I left one very heavy bag while I travel.

I got lost trying to find my hostel. I was on the right street, just the wrong end. I went into a cafe and a british man who spoke italian translated directions from the bartender (who had to get a map out to instruct me. oh confusing). i ended up getting lost (little bridges vs. connectors that aren't bridges. ah!) but after sweating enough for a football team, my 25 kg of luggage and I found our hostel.

The woman at the front desk was helpful and friendly. I told her how I'd been studying abroad and she asked if i took italian, so when she was giving me directions and explaining Venice, she spoke everything in english and then repeated it in italian.

I met up with friends to stroll and shop on the Rialto bridge and eat gelato. I happened to hear a familiar voice from a restaurant and peeked my head in to find some guys from school. We joined them for dinner, but the jazz music made me tired and I headed back to my lovely hostel to catch some sleep before my flight to Barcelona on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home