Wednesday, April 20, 2005

When in Rome...

I've been a little lax on updating. Sorry. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Went to Rome for the last travel weekend, April 14-17. We left a day before conclave started so we weren't able to see the Sistine Chapel (the girl I went with was too cheap to even pay for the Vatican Museum too, so I missed out on a lot.) I really enjoyed Vatican City. Katelyn and I waited in a very long line to get special edition stamps they only make when a pope dies. After that we waited in another long line to see the pope's grave (his body was actually in pope john 23's tomb because he's being beatified, i think.) We entered St. Peter's Basilica just as an English speaking guide started a free tour. Yes!!! After Vatican City we went to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain.

Saturday was raining, when we had all our outdoor stuff. We went to the Colosseum, Roman Ruins, the Forum, Pantheon. I wasn't expecting much from the Colossuem but it was more impressive than I anticipated.

Sunday we planned on going to a market, but the weather was so horrible by the time we arrived all the vendors were shutting down because the lighting was so crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home