Thursday, April 28, 2005

Ciao, Paderno

The clock's ticking down on my last hours in Paderno. It's 11 am and I leave at 1 pm for Venice. Although I started out intensely disliking this place, it has become a home and all the students are one dysfunctional family. It's not like I'll ever come back to Paderno either. And if I did, it wouldn't be the same because it's the people I've been here with that have created the experience.

I suppose it is a good time to go, though, while I'm still enjoying myself and can leave with happy memories. I'm actually a bit jealous of all the people talking about how tonight they'll be sleeping in their own beds, eating noncafeteria food and seeing friends and family. It seems natural now that the program is over to go home, but I am still excited for Spain and southern France.

I'm mostly finished packing...although it's been quite a process. I've had to throw out more clothes than I planned, but it's just not worth it to bring them back when I've worn them so excessively here. The main problem is my winter coat. Since I wore it here in January, I didn't have to worry about packing it. I may end up throwing out other t-shirts and random things as the week progresses if my back can't handle it.

The bus is dropping us off at the Venice airport, which provides me the lovely opportunity to drop off my messenger bag (packed absolutely to the brim) and leave it there while I travel.

Friday I fly to Barcelona for 2 nights, take a train to Madrid for 2 nights and then fly to Nice, France for 2 nights. On May 5 I take a train back to Venice and spend the night there before flying home May 6. My flight leaves Venice at 11:30 am to London, where I have a layover before heading to Houston. I have three hours in Houston to clear customs before catching my flight back to Kansas City, where I will arrive at 11:10 pm. I'm leaving at 11:30 am and arrive at 11:10 pm, and we must not forget the 7 hour time change...which means I'll be travelling for 19 hours. Agh!

I am so excited to come home in 8 days!!!! I'll be staying in KC a few days before heading to Lawrence in time for Stop Day.

Can't wait to see you all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home