Tuesday, February 15, 2005

It's a bleeder!

My luck has been running out the past few days. Sunday night, as I was closing my shutters to my window, the metal bar that secures them together fell on my head. This is not a flimsy metal bar. This is a heavy metal, severe pain, serious injury kind of item and coming into contact with my head was not a pleasant feeling. I felt my head for a bump and realized I was bleeding. My room mate Carolyn immediately got some toilet paper (no paper towels in Paderno!) and I held it on my wound for an hour before the bleeding stopped. Of course I had to change the tissue because of the steady flow of blood seeping from my head. It took two aleve and two hours before the pain subsided. I think it is safe to assume I suffered no permanent damage, but my head is still sore, like the soft spot on newborns.

All my excitement to see the KU game was for nothing because we don't receive the correct Armed Forces Network. We have Atlantic, it was airing on Sports. I guess it's a good thing I didn't get up at 3 am to see it when it was such a heartbreaker. Sadness.

Monday night we had an etiquette seminar in preparation for our first dinner excursion tonight. It will be a five course meal, complete with wine for each entree. Our director has emphasized that the meal has been specifically designed to coordinate with wine and go from white to red and it is important we have the correct food with the correct drink. He made it sound like we would internally combust if a drop of the vino bianco stayed in our classes past the third course. Since I don't know much about wine, it doesn't matter much to me, but this dude made it sound like a matter of life or death. I'm very excited for some fine cuisine. I'm not sure how, but the cafeteria managed to make spaghetti disgusting today. The meat sauce had some offensive taste. I don't understand how you screw up spaghetti, but alas, these Italians have.

Hopefully I will also get in a balanced meal tonight since I have become a vegetarian by default. I rarely eat meat and when I do, it's usually a minimal amount in a sauce. Atkins would be rolling in his grave at the amount of carbohydrates that make their way into my mouth, but I would self-destruct if I didn't have the saltine crackers, pasta and rolls.

The past two days I've received emails from the System Administrator that my account has exceeded capacity. I have no clue what has found it's way into my Inbox recently and taken up so much space, but I had to transfer 24 massive emails of quotes to a Yahoo account with more room. Hopefully my email will not reject anything and I can continue on in my world wide web bliss. But if for some reason you try sending me something and it doesn't go through, my other email address is jachawk3@yahoo.com. Same prefix as my current email, just through Yahoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home