Thursday, February 17, 2005

God bless America

Punishment seems to be a big deal for Italians. Earlier this week, some students in my dorm returned to their rooms after catching the KU basketball game highlights (and it was on at 3 am). Apparently the brother on my floor didn't appreciate being awoken by them and at 7 am, he started banging on our rooms and yelling in the hallway. Nice behavior from an elderly man in a religious order.

The computer lab (with the printers) has a line of students waiting to get a computer (and here I sit procrastinating from working on my resume and cover letter since the printer my computer is hooked up to is jammed by some idiot and no one knows how to fix it.) We're not allowed to use the Italian student's computer lab today from 5 pm until midnight like normal because we're being punished for leaving it a mess last night.

I guess the Italians don't realize it's a select few problem children who eat in the computer lab and noisy talk in the halls with paperthin walls and I find it unfair I should suffer the consequences of the punishments they are misdirecting.

Obviously the Italians have not gone through extensive Mind Based Management like we have. Otherwise they would have come to the conclusion that these actions do not cause the greatest good for the greatest number of people and there are other options available to get their point across that don't involve punishing the entire program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home