Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Flying footage

I finally found my skydiving video and watched it last night! I was getting frustrated because everyone commented they'd seen it ("You yelled so much!" or "Yours was good" or "Your instructor has stuff flying off him") and I couldn't even find out where it was.

The beginning has footage of Anna, Mary Beth and I putting on our helmets and goggles and waving to the camera (as well as the cute instructor). I neglected to notice he was still filming me, so there's quite a bit of me just staring out the window (which everyone has taken to think it was me being really scared but I don't think I was).

Then my cameraman swings outside the plane and films me dangling in midair and falling. It is really cool and I'm very glad I paid more to experience it all over again (and from a different perspective). Someone pointed out that Bruno's goggles actually fly off mid-fall. AH!! Of course I never knew this (he very well could have told me in Italian but I couldn't understand...)

The footage also includes my landing (or falling, really). I never noticed how extremely unattractive the harness makes your butt look. Safety first, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home